Comedian and host of the TV show Real Time With Bill Maher. He is also an active animal rights activist quoted as saying: “To those people who say, ‘My father is alive because of animal experimentation,’ I say, ‘Yeah, well, good for you. This dog died so your father could live.’ Sorry, but I am just not behind that kind of trade-off.”
Maher is an avid PETA supporter and has had the following collaborations with the radical group:
- co-hosted PETA’s 21st Anniversary Party
- wrote the foreword to PETA President Ingrid Newkirk’s book, You Can Save the Animals.
- donated his winnings from Celebrity Jeopardy to PETA
- was Master of Ceremonies at PETA’s 1996 “Animals Ball”
- has appeared in PETA print advertisements and public service announcements
- has appeared in public service announcements for PETA’s quasi-medical front group, the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
The Animal Liberation Front (ALF), an FBI-certified “domestic terror” group, recognizes Maher for his contributions to PETA.